Date: January 14, 2018
Author: Terri Lee
God is so great. He grants us new mercy each and everyday, when He allows us to see another day. He gives us grace and mercy day by day not just for ourselves but to be a blessing to others. You see, as children of God we are not here to just take up space on this earth. God has given us all assignments that must be fulfilled. The definition of the word assignment means a specific task or amount of work appointed by someone of authority. We can’t fulfill our assignments if we don’t what our purpose is in life. The definition of purpose means an action in course of execution, an aim or goal. As Christians our purpose in life should be to please God and be a blessing to His Kingdom. Romans 12:4-5 says “just as each of us has one body with different members and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all others.” What this means is that although we all have responsibilities regarding the Kingdom, each of us have different functions.
Romans 12:6 states that by grace God has given us all different gifts. The gift of prophecy, ministry, teaching, exhortation, giving, leadership, and mercy. Here is a brief description of each one. Please keep in mind that these are different from the gifts of the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 12:8-10,28).
1. Prophecy: To speak with forthrightness and insight especially when enabled by the Spirit of God.
2. Ministry: To minister and render loving, general service to meet the needs of others.
3. Teaching/Scribes: The specially gifted ability to explain the truth and apply the truths received from God for the Church.
4. Exhortation: To incite, encourage comfort or instruct the Church.
5. Giving: To contribute to the emotional, physical and financial support of others.
6. Leadership: The office or position of a leader to direct and develop the body of Christ.
7. Mercy: The compassionate treatment of those in distress, to relate to others in empathy, respect and honesty.
Each of us possess one of these gifts, while some of us may have a mix of more than one of these gifts. These gifts all serve a purpose. If you recognize yourself in any of the gifts described you are on your way to fulfilling God’s purpose for your life. If you don’t recognize yourself in any of the gifts mentioned ask God to show you what His purpose is for you. Seek Him diligently (praying, reading His word, and fasting) for the answer and He will reveal it to you. Whether you possess one gift or many Jesus paid the SAME price for ALL of us and we all are EQUAL before God and in Christ.
Copyright © 2018 Terri Lee All Rights Reserved